Turmeric Cardamom Tea is one of my fav thing to drink in the winter. It’s nourishing and taste delicious. It’s a great way to get the benefits of Turmeric daily. I have a special love and appreciation for turmeric. Beside the tea, I incorporate turmeric powder in most of my daily curries & lentil soup and also I use it in many of homemade face masks. I love drinking tea on the fasting days and before bed as it aids relaxation and helps boost the immune system while sleeping.
Benefits of Turmeric : To list a few ..
Turmeric is known for its immune boosting & natural anti-inflammatory properties.Turmeric root contains a compound called cur-cumin which is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory basically a ‘nature’s ibuprofen’ which is really helpful in dealing with minor pains, body aches. It is also known for its benefits to digestion, anti-oxidant protection, acne & skin conditions, liver health and even possible protection from cancer.
Turmeric Tea/Milk Recipe
- 1 cup Almond Milk(for regular dairy milk ratio 1:1 water to milk )
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Chopped dry-fruits(almonds, walnuts) of your choice (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add a pinch cinnamon powder
- Drink immediately
Some more facts about Turmeric:
The good news about this spice is that elderly villagers in India, who eat turmeric in their daily curries, have the world’s lowest rate of Alzheimer’s disease.