Healthy Lunch Idea for School or Work!
Something that I make for lunch probably 3 times a week in summer are these little vegetarian lettuce wraps. This is one of the simple & healthy meal that you can make with most these readily available ingredients in your refrigerator. So lets get started
Ingredients you need :
- Romaine Lettuce – 4 leaves
- Salsa – 1 Cup
- Low Fat Sour Cream- 4 tbsp (if you prefer, you can use vegan sour cream)
- Veggie Crumbles – 1 cup (I have used gardein meatless crumbles in meatless crumbles, you can use morning star farms veggie crumbles as well; )
- Shredded Carrots – 1 cup
- Diced Avocado- 1
- Chopped Tomatoes- 1
- Chopped Cilantro – half cup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut all your veggies into bite size pieces.
- Heat up the meatless crumbles in microwave for 1 min until soft.
- In a large bowl combine all veggies & meatless crumbles; add 2 tbsp of salsa.
- Mix and combine everything well.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of sour cream on each of the lettuce leaf , followed by spooning 2 tbsp of mixture and top it off with Cilantro.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper and its all ready to serve.
Enjoy your healthy delicious wraps Immediately !
Tip: You can find veggie/ meatless crumbles in any of the grocery store (Safeway, Walmart) You can also adjust with fried firm tofu, black beans, lentil sprouts incase you can’t find veggie crumbles.You are free to change the recipe up as much as you want to fit your needs!