Also known as Spicy Masala Oats 🌶 or Oats Upma (Hindi). This is really a quick, nutritious and simple breakfast (Nothing fancy) with readily available ingredients (You can get Pav Bhaaji Masala from an Indian grocery store or online at amazon ). You can keep this meal as spicy or as mild as you prefer.
- Add 1tbsp of oil into a nonstick pan.
- Add 1tsp mustard seeds, 1tsp cumin seeds and few green curry leaves 🍃 roast until seeds start spluttering
- Then sauté some chopped onions, chopped green chilies until onions turn translucent (If your prefer you can also add chopped tomatoes at this stage)
- Add 2 small bowls of rolled oats and roast dry for 2mins.
- Then add one small bowl of mixed veggies ( I personally prefer frozen peas, carrots, corn,beans)
- Mix everything up and sauté for 2mins
- Add 3 tsp of Indian Pav Bhaaji Masala (you can also use Indian spice mix garam masala)
- Add salt(as per taste), 1/2 tsp chilli powder and chopped spinach leaves. Then add some 1 bowl of water ( you can add as less or as more if you prefer mushy) Combine well, cover it with a lid and let it cook for another 3-4 mins)
- In the end add 1 tsp of lemon juice and garnish with chopped Cilantro.
Serve Hot , Happy Eating 🙂